Training and Event Coordinator
Position Information: 40 hours/week (1.0 FTE)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
Evergreen Council on Problem Gambling
Attn: Prevention & Community Engagement Specialist
1821 4th Avenue East / Olympia, WA 98506
APPLICATION MATERIALS, INCLUDING COVER LETTER, MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5 P.M. ON CLOSING DATE.
GENERAL OVERVIEW: The Training and Event Coordinator is responsible for assisting with Evergreen Council on Problem Gambling training and workforce development activities, including conferences, workshops, legislative forums, speakers bureau, webinars, therapeutic justice development, and other training programs for ECPG and its partners across the country. They will create and implement a system for promoting interest in training for a variety of audiences – including training for treatment providers and responsible gaming training for gaming industry employees. The Training and Event Coordinator must understand ECPG’s mission, vision, goals, and purpose and will represent programs to clients, participants, and/or members of the public, and perform specialized duties in support of program activities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Assist Director with meeting/conference site search, hotel RFP preparation/distribution, speaker/vendor contract negotiations, exhibitor needs, budget tracking, organizing/archiving meeting data/files, onsite facility and logistical management, catering and audio-visual coordination, onsite staffing, conference/meeting materials development, invoice/fee reconciliation, and post-conference evaluation for multiple events.
- Oversee Continuing Education applications and requirements.
- In partnership with the Prevention and Community Engagement Specialist and other ECPG Staff and Board members, develop Legislative Forums and advocacy programs for problem and responsible gambling.
- Organize and oversee training event planning committee meetings, including taking and distributing minutes and updating committee rosters.
- Expected to be onsite for the entire training event, conference, or workshop to oversee set-up, signage, audio/visual needs, and to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Recommend and create solutions and/or changes to existing programs to improve the effectiveness of training.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned to contribute to the overall success of the Council in meeting the needs of our constituents and partners.
- Use platforms for creation of meeting registration sites
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders and partners to provide professional learning opportunities
- Analyze education and training needs of ECPG and Partners; identify workshops, webinars, conferences and other offerings that meet these needs.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in planning meetings/conferences or training programs or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, public relations, hospitality management, business, or communications. Must be detail-oriented, organized, energetic, hard-working, articulate, and have strong communication skills. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to multi-task and be responsive to customer needs. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint, and enjoy learning and using new technologies.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Must have reliable transportation available for work-related purposes, a valid Washington State driver’s license, and proof of automobile insurance.
Required Skill in:
- Flexibility and strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with and meet the needs of diverse groups.
- Demonstrated experience in providing successful training programs.
- General knowledge of hotel operations, meeting facilities, caterers/food service functions, and transportation services is helpful.
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements in and out of state.
- Knowledge of instructional design tools including learning management systems and virtual meeting/webinar platforms.
- Skill in the use of social media to encourage participation.
- Direct work in special event or conference planning
- Ability to multi-task several projects at one time in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to adapt to quickly changing priorities
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, community organizations, businesses, the media, government and industry members, and the general public
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Able to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment as well as to work independently and be self-directed
- Respond to sensitive matters and/or situations with discretion, tact, and confidentiality
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Work is performed in an office environment and off-site locations across Washington State.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including day, evening, overnight, and weekend availability, depending on assignments and travel up to 30 percent of the time, including driving to presentations, meetings, seminars, and at least two 5-day conferences a year.
- Some travel (30%-50%) is required in and out of state, as is attendance at both daytime and evening functions to oversee all aspects of the meetings and to ensure that quality service is provided.
- Subject to sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting of objects up to 35 pounds.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) with Employer Contribution, Vacation, Sick Leave, Personal Leave and Paid Holidays.
Evergreen Council on Problem Gambling is an Equal Opportunity Employer