The Evergreen council on Problem Gambling (ECPG) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to providing services and programs for those affected by problem gambling and gaming – individuals, their families, employers, students, treatment professionals, and the greater community – through gambling addiction treatment support, information and education, advocacy, research, and prevention efforts.
Founded in 1991, ECPG maintains a position of neutrality on gambling, recognizing that most people who gamble do so for recreation and entertainment and suffer no serious problems. However, for some, gambling and/or gaming can become serious addictions, devastating to the individual and family.
We invite you to explore our website to learn more about the many programs and services we provide.
The Evergreen Council on Problem Gambling (ECPG) works to transform traditional addictions and behavioral health services to integrate gaming and gambling disorders and enhance programs and awareness through strategic partnerships. ECPG recognizes and relies on the power of partnerships, research, new technologies, and teamwork to raise awareness, reduce stigma, and provide effective services. ECPG focuses on the full continuum of care from awareness and prevention to treatment and recovery, while recognizing we must meet individuals, families, businesses, and communities where they are in terms of understanding, cultural needs, and barriers. ECPG’s efforts by design complement and empower those of other nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, government agencies, tribal services, private businesses and industries, communities, and individuals, by emphasizing collaboration, innovation, respect, and leadership. ECPG serves as a catalyst to enable others in providing services and support and to work more effectively on behalf of all those we serve.
- ECPG provides Washington State’s 1-800-547-6133 Helpline service, helping callers throughout the region connect with available gambling treatment programs.
- ECPG administers a regional training program for counselors interested in providing those with a gambling problem/gambling disorder and their loved ones with outpatient treatment services.
- ECPG supports outpatient treatment and inpatient treatment for those with a gambling problem/gambling disorder (Washington State residents) in extreme crisis.
- ECPG conducts public awareness presentations for a variety of groups, including businesses, social service organizations, senior citizens groups, financial organizations, colleges and universities, and many others.
- ECPG works with the gambling and casino industry to promote Responsible Gaming Programs and offers a Gaming Industry Responsible Gaming Certification program in Washington State.
- ECPG coordinates a Youth Program to improve gambling awareness among teenagers and young adults.
- ECPG works collaboratively with Research Groups to generate reliable data on disordered gambling in our service area.
- ECPG functions as a central point of contact for current and emerging information on gambling addiction.
- ECPG is an affiliate of the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG). Its representatives have served on the NCPG Board of Directors, the Affiliates Committee, and many other NCPG bodies.
Our Core Values