The Evergreen Council on Problem Gambling is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization committed to providing services and programs for those with a gambling problem/gambling disorder, their families, employers, students, treatment professionals, and the greater community through gambling addiction treatment support, information and education, advocacy, research, and prevention efforts. We accomplish this through the daily execution of our Mission, Purpose, and Core Values. Founded in 1991, ECPG maintains a position of neutrality on gambling, recognizing that most people who gamble do so for recreation and suffer no serious problems. However, for some, gambling becomes a serious addiction, devastating to the individual and family. We invite you to explore our Website to learn about the many services we provide.
The Evergreen Council on Problem Gambling is dedicated to increasing awareness of public health issues around problem gambling and gaming, expanding the availability and integration of services, and supporting advocacy, research, and programs for education, prevention, treatment, recovery, and responsible gambling and gaming.
- ECPG provides Washington State’s 1-800-547-6133 Helpline service, helping callers throughout the region connect with available gambling treatment programs.
- ECPG administers a regional training program for counselors interested in providing those with a gambling problem/gambling disorder and their loved ones with outpatient treatment services.
- ECPG supports outpatient treatment and inpatient treatment for those with a gambling problem/gambling disorder (Washington State residents) in extreme crisis.
- ECPG conducts public awareness presentations for a variety of groups, including businesses, social service organizations, senior citizens groups, financial organizations, colleges and universities, and many others.
- ECPG works with the gambling and casino industry to promote Responsible Gaming Programs and offers a Gaming Industry Responsible Gaming Certification program in Washington State.
- ECPG coordinates a Youth Program to improve gambling awareness among teenagers and young adults.
- ECPG works collaboratively with Research Groups to generate reliable data on disordered gambling in our service area.
- ECPG functions as a central point of contact for current and emerging information on gambling addiction.
- ECPG is an affiliate of the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG). Its representatives have served on the NCPG Board of Directors, the Affiliates Committee, and many other NCPG bodies.
Our Core Values