Join us on the beautiful waterfront shores of Agate Passage for the 8th Annual Four Directions Conference – hosted by the Suquamish Tribe at the Clearwater Casino Resort. The Four Directions Conference focusses on Honoring Our Past – Protecting Our Future: Through Holistic Health, Wellness, and Recovery Support.
This year’s conference will run from September 12-15, and though you can find our full conference schedule online at fourdirections.evergreencpg.org, we wanted to share some of this years’ highlights.
- Traditional Plants and Wellness Healing
- Presented by Arianna Johnny-Wadsworth of the Northwest Indian Treatment Center Healing Gardens
- An Overview of the Wellbriety Movement
- Presented by Don Coyhis, of the Mohican Nation, President and Founder of White Bison, Inc., an American Indian non-profit organization located in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Storytelling as Healing: Traditions and Teaching of First Nations
- Presented by Roger Fernandes, a member of the Lower Elwha S’Klallam tribe and master storyteller, who has worked in the field of American Indian education for over 40 years.
- House of Awakened Culture
- Join us for an evening highlighting the Suquamish culture through traditional food, stories, song, and dance at the House of Awakened Culture on Wednesday, September 14 from 5:30 – 8:30 pm.
Our Early Bird registration special is open now through August 25 and our final registration deadline is Tuesday, September 6.
With the help of the Washington State Behavioral Health and Service Integration Administration, we are offering continuing education scholarships that include:
- Registration for up to four days (September 12-15)
- Washington State Gambling Certification application fee (for those who have not yet applied)
- Hotel stipend of $50 per night, up to three nights, for any scholarship recipient who books his/her room at the Clearwater Casino Resort. Additional lodging costs, meals, and travel expenses are the responsibility of the attendee.
We also still have room for organizations interested in becoming a conference exhibitor and/or sponsor. For more information regarding sponsoring or becoming and exhibitor at Four Directions, please contact Kathy Bishop at email@example.com or call 360.352.6133.
Spaces at the conference are filling up fast, so make sure you register soon at fourdirections.evergreencpg.org/registration/ to reserve your seat. We look forward to seeing you in September!