Recorded Live: July 30, 2021 at 1 pm (2 MT/3 CT/4 ET)
Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe so you won’t miss future episodes!
Have you ever heard others talking about video games and felt completely lost?
In this episode, guests that are both self-proclaimed “gamers” and who specialize in treating addiction to gaming, internet, and screen use, give us the 101. Join us for a discussion on gaming culture, what’s popular, what are the signs when it is more than “just a game”, and what to do if you think you or someone you know might be gaming “too much”.
Tana Russell, SUDP, NCTTP, WSCGC-II
Evergreen Council on Problem Gambling
With special Guests:
Dr. Ed Spector
Spectortherapy.com – Psychotherapy for the healthy use of technology
Clifford Sussman, MD
cliffordsussmanmd.com – Psychiatry and Psychotherapy – Screen Addiction Education and Treatment
- Ed Spector MD’s website: Psychotherapy for the healthy use of technology
- Dr. Cliff Sussman’s website: cliffordsussmanmd.com – Psychiatry and Psychotherapy – Screen Addiction Education and Treatment
- ECPG: Gaming and Internet Disorder Services and Resource list
- CAMH: Gambling, Gaming & Technology Use
- Foundations in Gaming Disorder – Core (15.5-hour training)
- Gamequitters: https://gamequitters.com/
- On-Line Gamers Anonymous (OLGA) and OLG-Anon: https://www.olganon.org/home
- reSTART Life (WA treatment center)
- ECPG LIVE! – What is Gaming Disorder?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tliDmubhve4&t=2s
- Ed Spector vlog – Digital Addiction & Psychotherapy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNo9L1hmOxM
- Cliff Sussman vlog – Gaming Disorder: Assessment and Treatment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEk51UzjqMM
- Bruce Wolcott vlog – Games, Gaming, Gamification: Looking Back; Looking Forward: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70TYrnfIUAI
- Hilarie Cash vlog – Gaming Disorders in the Real World: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpgMQ2PBV2w
The referencing of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by ECPG of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. Unless otherwise specified, ECPG does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations or on the listserv. All links are provided with the intent of meeting the educational goals and mission of ECPG. Please let us know about existing external links you believe are inappropriate and about specific additional external links you believe ought to be included.