You answered “no” to all BBGS questions and are considered to be at lower risk.
This means that based on this screening tool, you are at “low risk” for currently having a Gambling Disorder.
However, a few things to note are:
1) “Low risk” does not mean “no risk” and even if you are not experiencing any problems from gambling now, they can develop later.
2) You answered only three questions and gambling-related harms can be extensive, including many that you were not just asked about. If you are experiencing gambling-related harms not reflected here, it is recommended to speak with a specialist to discuss your concerns and get a professional opinion.
3) This screening tool does not ask about any concerns you may have about the gambling of someone else close to you. If you are worried about a friend or family member, or experiencing harm to your own life and emotional health as a result of their gambling, you can speak with a Certified Gambling Counselor about your concerns and get a professional recommendation.
Please know that if you or a loved one is seeking help with problems caused by gambling, you are not alone and help is available. You can find help and resource 24/7 through the Washington Problem Gambling Helpline, available at 1-800-547-6133.
If you are not in Washington state, you can contact the National Problem Gambling Helpline at 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537).
Military and Veterans: Support for All Who Serve
The Military Crisis Line is a free, confidential resource for all service members, including members of the National Guard and Reserve, and Veterans, even if they’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.
Resources for support:
- Support Service Locator (find a Certified Gambling Counselor)
- Gamblers Anonymous (community support for those who want to stop gambling)
- Gam-Anon (community support for those impacted by the gambling of a loved one)
Learn more about Gambling Disorder:
- Resources and Downloads
- ECPG YouTube
- ECPG podcast: Connections: Healthy Gambling and Gaming
- Dave Yeager’s podcast: FALL IN: The Problem Gambling Podcast for Military Service Members and Veterans
A Message of Hope
Meet Author and Host of Fall In, The Problem Gambling Podcast for Military Service Members and Veterans in the audio clip below.
Learn more about Dave’s story and recovery journey in his book Fall In: A Veteran with a Gambling Addiction linked below.