Gaming Industry in Washington
In Washington, the Gaming and Casino Industry has long been supportive of efforts to provide programs and services to support individuals, families, and communities affected by gambling addiction. The Evergreen Council on Problem Gambling (ECPG) applauds these efforts and welcomes any opportunity to work in partnership with or provide support for Gaming Industry members who wish to develop and maintain strong Responsible Gaming Programs.
ECPG maintains a position of neutrality on gambling, recognizing that most people who gamble do so for recreation and entertainment and suffer no serious problems or negative effects. For some, gambling can become a serious addiction, devastating to individuals, families, work places, and communities. ECPG is committed to providing support services for problem gamblers, their families, employers, students, treatment professionals, the gaming industry, and the greater community through information, education, and treatment services.
Some of the key areas of involvement for the gaming industry include:
- Responsible Gaming and Problem Gambling Policies and Procedures
- Self and/or Third-Party Exclusion Policies and Procedures
- Responsible Gaming/Problem Gambling Awareness Materials and Helpline numbers posted and available
- Front-Line Employee Training
- Manager/Supervisor Training
- Responsible Gaming Certification Program